Monday, October 8, 2012

32 weeks

Another week down! I am trying not to wish time away but I have never felt this sort of anticipation before. I know part of it is wanting to make it to the milestone of 34 weeks and then on to 36 weeks. Each milestone I hit gives me a sigh of relief. Even at 36 weeks my babies will be a month early but in the twin realm making it that far is an accomplishment. I try to keep myself busy while Joel is at work...not that I can do much while on bed rest. But last week I watched the entire second season of Downton Abbey...Matthew and Mary together at last! I finished crocheting a blanket and made my baby girl some hair bows. On Thursday, I was able to get out of the house for my first NST (non-stress test). They monitor the babies heartbeats and my contractions for 30 minutes. Baby girl hates having the monitors on and kicks at them constantly. Baby boy is a lot more compliant. I am happy to report the babies are still doing great! I will have a NST each week at the hospital from this point forward. To take advantage of our little outing Joel packed us a lunch and we ate outside on the grass. It was nice to breath in the crisp fall air and be out in the sunshine. Fall is my favorite season of the year and I feel like I have missed out on it while constantly being inside. I enjoyed watching General Conference over the weekend, especially since I haven't been able to go to church in weeks. I'm not sure there is much else to report. I'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy even though the bigger I get the more uncomfortable I am.
The one comment most often made when people found out I was having twins was "You are going to be HUGE!" I know I still have 4 weeks to go but thankfully I feel like I am doing pretty good with 7 plus pounds of baby.
One of the bows I made

1 comment:

Rick said...

cute bow Mikaela. You are doing great, yay for 32 weeks! kendra